Orients sketches in the XY plane using reference holes.
1. Download this file and open it in Rhinoceros 6®.
2. Run the command 'Orient by Holes'.
3. Set the 'ZOrigin'.
4. Select the green circles as the target holes.
5. Select the red polyline as the sketch(es) to orient.
6. Select a location near the blue point as the hole #1 center on sketch(es).
7. Select a location near the yellow point as the hole #2 center on sketch(es).
8. Select a location near the cyan point as the hole #3 center on sketch(es).
OutputProperties: If the active layer, or any children, matches with any layer set in the Options > Assemblies > Parts, this option is enabled and then you can set the output properties for the command object(s). ZOrigin: Set the Z origin.
- This command is CPlane sensitive.
- Is up to the plugin to find the center of the hole(s) in the sketch. The user just need to pick a
point were the plugin should look for it, so you don't need to pick an accurate location.
- This command accepts 1, 2 or 3 holes for position. With 2 or 3 holes, the command will rotate the sketch
in order to find the best possible position.